Search This Blog

Friday, June 29, 2012

HOPE

Observing the unresponsive form, I look at the clock
a quarter to five it resonates, almost time for her walk
rubbing my eyes I retrace my steps into my room
moments later she walks in, brandishing her broom

I feign sleep, rolling on my sides adjusting the sheets
the shloka walker passes chanting, arousing the streets
I die for a few hours, oblivious to the waking world
dreams don't bother me, I cuddle with the cold

I wake up to crying, clear and loud
I blink at the bright sky, devoid of clouds
people mumble solemnly as I trudge along
my eyes mirror the work I did all night long

Visitors pour in from every nook and cranny of the city
some offer advice, totally useless ; others offer pity
I wade among the filth, reach for my fang cleanser
as I brush my canines, the air grows heavy ; tenser

spitting out my pale venom, I rinse my maw
gazes shoot at me, some with anger some with awe
the crowds thin out, its only the pack now
its the climax now, its the end of the show

I look as the blast dries the remaining tears
bored I catch the blue beast, scratching its gears
I jump off at the entertaining sewers, gazing down
I try to think he is happy,I wonder, I frown

A flint spark, I inhale from the box of fire
the smoke arouses my snout, before they tire
I throw the needles, I throw the vial
I smile, I grin at the murky nile.

It had to be done, it wasn't hard
it was smooth yet jagged, a glass shard
A sleepless night, a silent deed done
we see it now, the rising sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment