Search This Blog

Monday, June 4, 2012

MASKS I WEAR

The lift doors opened vomiting me onto the second floor
I put on my mask, racing against the opening door
I smile at the whites, I nod at the grieving
my mask molding into place, with my true face receding
my pia mater greets me, with a torrent of tears
I change my mask, to accomodate her  fears

Thundering shoes!! Draws our attention right
my blood donor walks in, displaying his fright
I slip on an encouraging mask, directing his attention
he dives into action, dismissing her assumptions
my mask slips , a grin flashes out of place
cursing silently, I readjust my face

beeping in the background, whites slither around 
I use my mask of silence, studying the ground
sterile air ;stinks of worry and trepidation
my minds frolics free while I display meditation 
countless prayers fly, assaulting  my senses
hiding my sarcasm ,I deftly adjust my lenses

sitting under the switches ,I busy myself with other tasks
while matris and frater slip on brave masks
I glance at them struggling to accept the facts
ignoring their turmoil, I lazily stretch my lats
Big Men&Women flock to offer their views
some control the gates, many open their sluice

like vultures they stare at my unshaven face
I pull out my smiling mask, hardening their gaze
pity barely covers their disdain, struggling slow
disgust distorts their maw, pupils grow
I slip on more masks tricking them more
perplexed and beaten they head out the door

relaxing with a bored mask,  expectantly I listen on
the generals ponder, lamenting of a time long gone
now they speak of acceptance , they discuss in tone
my masks fall, glee blatantly shown
finally!! they reached the peak I had scaled
logic finally succeeded where I would have failed

Of the many masks I wear, I seldom share
In the world of lies, the truth no one cares

No comments:

Post a Comment